Hydration is crucial to living beings and the benefits of drinking water for skin, hair, and overall health & staying hydrated is incomparable and non-replaceable.
Ok, now you all know by now that the human body is made 60-70% of water and blah blah blah. But here is the real deal, your blood is around 90% of water, so what does that mean?
This implies that the better you drink your blood flow is improved so oxygen reaches your body in a better way, having adequate oxygen makes sure your body cells perform at their optimum capacity, your organs are less stressed, and overall on the outer, you look glowing, healthy and shinier than ever before.
The benefits of drinking water for skin are numerous and should be considered if you care for your hair, skin, and health!
Benefits of drinking water for Hair
- Your hair strands will tell how well hydrated your body and scalp are. Your hair strands are about one-fourth (¼) water. This implies that a well-hydrated body results in stronger, healthier hair.
- A well-nourished and hydrated scalp significantly affects hair fall, causing full, shinier hair.
- If you are on a mission to increase your hair length, drinking plenty of water can help you maintain well-hydrated nerve endings in the scalp that are responsible for healthy roots that support the health and length of your hair.
- Chemical-filled conditioners can only help your help to an extent, this is where hydration comes in. Make sure you drink plenty of water if you want your tresses to shine on forever.
- Drink up if you are healing or recovering since water can cause your headaches, body aches, and wounds to heal faster than you can believe.
- high in potassium do give yourself a hair wash with coconut water for healthy and silky strands
Hence water is the easiest way of implementing skincare at home. If you care for your skin then you know now that drinking water can do wonders to your skincare regime at home! Good luck…
Benefits of drinking water for Skin radiance
- Improves skin tone since drinking enough water helps the body to flush out toxins while giving you amazing skin radiance
- Prevents premature aging by influencing cellular nutritional management
- Speedy healing especially after surgical processes
- Reduces puffiness caused due to lack of moisture in your body
- Prevents acne by the hydration factor that controls sebum production
- Gives youthful skin and radiance by making sure nutrients are well circulated throughout your system
- Maintains your body’s pH balance
Benefits of drinking water for Body| Health
- carries nutrients and oxygen to your cells efficiently
- flushing bacteria from your system hence affecting its productivity
- Aides digestion so your stomach is better functioning, digests more easily
- preventing constipation by cleansing your intestines every morning
- Regulating blood pressure because of increased viscosity resulting in better flow
- stabilizing the heartbeat since normal blood pressure reduces the strain on heart activity
- protecting organs and tissues by making sure the blood and essential nutrients are circulated efficiently
How much water to drink for maximum benefits for healthy skin, hair & body?
Human body is designed to intake and release fluids to maintain a healthy balance. Urine and sweat are some common ways of losing water from our body. However to maintain this balance and avoid dehydration or excessive amounts of water there are an adequate number of solutions. If you search the internet there are various opinions available as to how much water should be consumed for maximum benefits for healthy skin and body. So here is what you can do to simplify.
Factors that determine your need for water consumption
Lifestyle – Living a moderate lifestyle requiring less or no physical effort can affect your thirst, you might be less interested in having water.
Exercise – After a strenuous workout you will require an adequate amount of water to replenish lost fluids in the form of sweat.
Climate or Environment – Seasons can hugely affect the way or quantity of water you consume on a daily basis. In winters we tend to drink fewer fluids and having too much hot coffee can further make us hydration deprived.
So, How much water should you drink?
So how much water can you drink or should you drink to remain in good health. Or what is the average quantity of water that your body requires to function efficiently? Let’s find out.
As per Mayo Clinic article, “the U.S. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine determined that an adequate daily fluid intake is:
- About 15.5 cups (3.7 liters) of fluids a day for men
- About 11.5 cups (2.7 liters) of fluids a day for women”
But is this doable? Probably not! I mean it’s pretty difficult to remember the exact liters of water you are drinking. So a basic rule of thumb you can apply is to make sure you drink at least 8 cups of water at least and if you can increase this even better.
How much water to drink during special health conditions like pregnancy?
There are various health conditions where one requires added quantity of water than an average person. What are these conditions?
Pregnancy – 8-12 glasses of water a day, or 2.3 liters
Breastfeeding – Ideally drink 60ml of water per kilo that you weigh, so if you are 60 kg you could drink 3.6 litres of water and add to this if you are breastfeeding
Post Surgery Patients – Water has amazing healing properties, so if you are sick or recovering from surgery I suggest you (self tried and tested) post consulting your physician drink plenty of water to gain maximum benefits and speedy recovery.
When to drink water for maximum benefits?
You may have water here and there but then there are times that can help you reap maximum benefits of drinking water. Here are best times to drink water for maximum benefit
Just before sleep and After waking up – Water benefits maximize automatically
On an average you sleep for 8 hours, which is a huge gap for your body to stay dehydrated. Instead of going for a glass of cold juice or hot coffee, start replacing your morning and night drinks with a glass of clean water.
Since water consumption is highly beneficial if you drink it before going to bed. A glass of lukewarm water before bed and right after you wake up is highly recommended. Drinking water before bed is really worth the tiny effort from your end!
I do this myself and it cleanses your intestines in the morning perfectly without any effort! Blessing for people who often wake up constipated or are Thyroid patients.
Water intensifies metabolism when consumed Before, During, and After Exercise
Small cups of water before, during and after workouts, walking, jogging or exercising helps your body to replenish energy by restoring lost water content.
To control and modulate the amount of food you intake.
Having a cup of water can help you regulate your eating. It is believed that drinking a cup of water just before a meal helps you feel full and will affect the amount of food you will eat. When followed religiously, this habit helps you control excessive, impulse eating.
And whether you have a regular lifestyle or a strenuous one, whether you are fasting or having your favorite junk food. Doesn’t matter what your hydration goal is, make sure you drink routinely throughout the day every time you feel thirsty.
Types of water you can drink for health benefits?
Who wants to drink plain boring water? Well, not me at least! Despite knowing the amazing benefits that water can provide your bodies with, you might not be a fan of drinking water. Well, worry not there are various ways of consuming water with some flavor and taste added to it to enjoy the beneficial properties of water.
Benefits of drinking warm water
Hot | Lukewarm water drinks or teas
The benefits of drinking warm water are infinite. These are the lukewarm or hot water drinks that you can consume and enjoy the rich taste as well as health benefits
- Chamomile Tea.
- Peppermint Tea
- Ginger Tea
- Hibiscus Tea
- Echinacea Tea
- Rooibos Tea
- Sage Tea
- lemon honey tea
- Lemon Balm Tea
If you are not a tea person then you know that the benefits of drinking warm water are too many to count. Having warm water on an empty stomach in the morning helps you relieve yourself easily. The benefits of drinking warm water include but are not limited to glowing skin, healthy hair, and shiny nails!
The benefits of drinking warm water include a cleansed stomach and a clean gut in no time, and when your gut health improves your overall appearance and health will speak for themselves. So you should not be surprised if the benefits of drinking warm water show up on your skin within a month and your friends and family start complimenting you 😉
Benefits of drinking cold water
Cold water drinks | Infused water
Then there are folks who are not big fans of drinking hot or warm water and in summers it’s next to impossible but then what do you do? Worry not, there is an ample number of benefits of drinking cold water. Infused water is something you must have heard of and is becoming increasingly popular among people of all ages. So in summers you can have these refreshing drinks and enjoy many benefits of drinking cold water.
Simply cut a few slices of your favorite fruit and soak it in filtered clean water. Leave it aside for 30 minutes to rest. Allow the water to absorb all the nutrients. And voila, enjoy the amazing nutrient-rich water that is juicy, tasty but is still water. This is perfect if you are not a tea person, the temperature out there is hot and humid but then you know and do not want to miss out on the benefits of drinking cold water 😀
Here are some combinations for you to try
Lemon + Mint
Lemon + ginger
orange + ginger
Strawberries + lime + mint
There is no right or wrong here to access the benefits of drinking cold water, simply choose the fruits you love the most, add a lime if you prefer and that’s it. If you are now inspired to drink some infused water then start with basic cucumber detox water and enjoy benefits of drinking cold water!
And, here are some amazing recipes too. If you prefer one of your own recipes, tell me about it in the comments so I can follow your footsteps 😉
Benefits of drinking tender coconut water (Scientific name: Cocos nucifera)
The benefits of drinking tender coconut water are no hidden secret anymore. This one magical water deserves a whole lot of applause for being highly nutritious and nourishing. The benefits of drinking tender coconut water for skin radiance are pretty promising actually!
Some people might confuse this with coconut milk, however, these two are entirely different liquids derived from coconut.
- Source of several crucial nutrients, bioactive enzymes, calcium, iron, manganese, magnesium, and zinc
- Contains antioxidants, it may decrease aging effects on your skin
- Highly recommended to diabetic patients since its natural with no artificial sugar
- Helps for reducing weight since its low in calories, replace your normal drinking water with this
- Calcium and magnesium present in coconut water may help your organs perform better and effectively. Patients are generally advised to drink coconut water to heal and recover faster
- Instant energy booster after you has a strenuous workout, replenishes lost minerals and water content
- The hormones that help coconut plants grow are cytokinins. Cytokinins are found in coconut water. It is believed it has cancer-fighting properties too, but remember prevention is always better than cure. So start including this magical water in your daily regime right now.
- Needless to say, this is definitely a delicious source of hydration in your body
Yes, the benefits of drinking tender coconut water include all the above remarkable contributions to your diet and health!
What are Alkaline water benefits?
Increasing use of alkaline water is making itself another trending style of having water in your day-to-day life. For those of you who are not sure what alkaline water is here is a quick intro to alkaline water.
There is a factor called pH level that determines how acidic water is. This ranges from 0 to 14. A pH of 7 is neutral or balanced between acidic and alkaline. If your water is below 7 on the pH scale, it’s “acidic.” If it’s higher than 7, it’s “alkaline.”
People who are really into usage of alkaline water tend to claim that this is more effective and hydrating than normal drinking water. It causes speedy metabolism, better absorption of nutrients in the body, slows down the aging signs and gives boosts of energy that normal drinking water probably cannot.
Is alkaline water safe for consumption?
Well that’s a debatable topic, I would say if you suffer from any disease that requires physician guidance do not indulge yourself. Alkaline water can also cause excessive dry hair and skin. There are no super harmful results. But always check with your physician to guide you appropriately.
Making alkaline water with lemon?
The easiest and safest way to make alkaline water is with lemon. Add lemon to your drinking cup of water to enjoy the benefits of alkaline water benefits. benefits of drinking lemon water are mentioned below. Weight loss is one of them if you care…
So is drinking alkaline water going to benefit you?
Yes, maybe, unless you have existing health issues that need careful attention and a constant watch on what you eat and drink in a day. Here are some alkaline water benefits that can make you ‘go gaga’ over alkaline water usage.
- Slows down aging
- Improved bone health
- Helps in acid reflux
- Aids in weight loss
- Better immune system support
- Cancer prevention
Still skeptical about alkaline water benefits? Are Alkaline water benefits for real? Let’s see… here’s an interesting read Read here
Role of water and its benefits in skincare,hair and body?
If you too envy those Korean skin ads or Korean skin in general, make sure you know all the benefits of staying hydrated and drinking water to replenish your hydration throughout the day. The benefits of drinking water for the skin are wondrous!
Drink often, when you feel thirsty or simply after a workout. Make it into an alkaline water sip, tea, or infused with desired ingredients and simply sip throughout the day religiously! Water is one precious resource that has fascinating properties and now you know the benefits of drinking water for skin, hair, and overall health. You can better take care of your health and drink plenty of water to maintain a fine balance!
2 Replies to “Benefits Of Drinking Water | Staying Hydrated – A Foolproof Guide”
It’s great that you explain how water helps your skin. My skin has been pretty rough recently, so maybe I can drink more water. Maybe it would be best to get a water well in my backyard to ensure I always have enough to drink.
Keep on working, great job!